Renting the assembly hall of the University of Tartu

The assembly hall in the main building of the University of Tartu is one of the most outstanding pearls of classicist architecture in Estonia. It was built according to the design of the university’s architect Professor Johann Wilhelm Krause from 1804 to 1809. 

The opening ceremony of the main building was held on 3 July 1809. Since then, all major events and celebrations in the university’s life have been held in the assembly hall. It is also the venue for many concerts because of its excellent acoustics, and spaciousness makes it perfect for conferences. 

There are 470 seats in the hall (340 on the floor, 130 on the balcony). 

Two seating layouts are possible: 

Read the terms of use of the assembly hall  

Application for the use of Assembly Hall 

Prices for rental of the assembly hall (in Estonian) (valid from 1st of April 2024)

Please email the application to the manager of the main building Kristi Kallion at aula@ut.ee or post it to Kristi Kallion, Ülikooli 18, 50090 Tartu. 

Tartu Ülikooli peahoone

Preparation of the university's new strategic plan begins

Tartu Ülikooli peahoone

University of Tartu's new strategic plan

Ukraina lipp

Information regarding the war in Ukraine