Psychological counselling aims to support students if problems arise during their studies or in their personal lives. All University of Tartu students, including doctoral students, students from the Pärnu and Narva Colleges and the Viljandi Culture Academy can get free psychological counselling.
Psychologists of University of Tartu can provide assistance in the event of questions or problems relating to:
- motivation to study and use of time;
- exam or public speaking stress;
- excessive worry and anxiety;
- adapting to new environments and excessive stress;
- communication and relationships;
- depression or being tired of life; and
- difficult events or experiences in life.
Where to find psychological support during difficult times?
The situation in Ukraine concerns all members of the university family, directly or indirectly. Some of us are thinking of their close ones in the war zone, others are affected economically by the crisis. If you feel that your life and coping is disrupted, please do not hesitate to ask for help.
If you feel that you are in a crisis and need immediate help, please turn to the Psychiatry Clinic of Tartu University Hospital offering emergency reception 24 h. Address: Raja str 31, phone: +372 731 8889
Booking an appointment at UT Counselling Centre
Book an appointment in Tartu using the following link (times are available for the following 30 days, new appointments become available daily):
NB! Use Google translate for translating the form. For example in Chrome you can right-click on the form and choose „Translate to English“.
To book an appointment in Viljandi please write to email@example.com
To book an appointment in Pärnu please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
To book an appointment in Narva please write to email@example.com
See a student sharing his experience at UT Counselling Centre
Psychologists at UT Counselling Centre
Where else can you find help?
Private counselling and psychotherapy centres and clinics outside UT:
- Tartu Nõustamis- ja Kriisiabikeskus (Address Vaksali st 14, +372 7427 555 or +372 55 517 427, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://tnk.tartu.ee)
- Katriito Nõustamis- ja Psühhoteraapiakeskus (Mõisavahe st 34c, +372 56 29 7411, email@example.com, www.katriito.ee)
- Ambromed psühhiaatriakliinik (Lai st 28, +372 745 1175, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.ambromed.ee)
- E.G.U. Erapraksis (Kivi st 23, telefon 550 0355, eguerapraksis.ee)
- AJK Kliinik (Vaksali st 17a, telefon 57 49 39 60, www.ajk-kliinik.ee)
- OÜ Jaanson & Lääne (Puusepa st 3, 517 7222, www.jl.ee)
- ProVida Kliinik (Tähe st 95, 5912 7991, www.provida.ee)
- Eesti Pereteraapia Keskus (Riia st 15b, pereteraapiakeskus.ee)
The quickest way to get help outside the university is to ask your family physician for condition assessment, initial treatment recommendations and a referral to psychological counselling, if needed.