The University of Tartu's academic units have signed over 700 student exchange agreements valid for 2023/24 with institutions across Europe. Each of these partnership agreements concerns a specific area of study, specifies the maximum number of participants, and the duration of the exchange.
Partner universities of the academic subunits can be found via the destination search of the study abroad tool SoleMOVE.
Select your academic subunit listed under "Your home unit" (institute, school, college, department) and set the criterias for "Advanced search":
- Select a country: choose the Erasmus+ program country you are interested in;
- Type of exchange: Studying;
- Exchange program: Erasmus+ Europe;
- Application period: Choose your Faculty, for example- Faculty of Medicine (Erasmus+ Europe additional call for spring 2024) 04.09.2023.-18.09.2023;
- Study level: Bachelor, Master, or Doctorate (choose your study level).
Some guidelines for choosing a partner university from the search result:
- Make sure that the exchange opportunity is open to students from your study area (see the EU subject area);
- Take a look at the foreign university's website for incoming exchange students: what courses do they offer? What is the language of instruction? How does their academic calendar suit you?
- Make sure that the host university accepts students nominations after the UT competition;
- Consult your Departmental Erasmus Coordinator, Program Director or Supervisor when choosing a host university.
Erasmus+ partnerships are agreed by
Erasmus Departmental Coordinators
Using Erasmus+ Programme for studying at ENLIGHT universities.
UT participates in the ENLIGHT network, which consists of nine classical research universities. The network has an Erasmus+ cooperation agreement that allows UT students, with no restrictions for disciplines, to apply for semester studies at the network's universities.
To choose the right ENLIGHT university:
- Find out what courses are available in your discipline. The universities’ websites usually have this info in the section designed for incoming exchange students. The ENLIGHT universities websites can be best accessed here;
- Consult your programme director or supervisor if you have a question about whether the courses offered match with your UT curriculum.
- Your institute may also have a cooperation agreement with some of the ENLIGHT universities. Once the application call opens and you want to apply yet there are questions, please contact us by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. The number of places in ENLIGHT universities is limited, but you should definitely try!
- NB! The University of Groningen doesn´t have any free spots!