The motivation letter is a part of the online application form. Guidelines and evaluation criteria for the motivation letter are also included in the online application form.
Please write a brief motivation letter (in English, maximum of 6000 characters with spaces) based on the following points:
1) Why are you interested in this Master's programme?
2) Which of the three specializations of the Master's programme would you like to choose? Explain your choice. You can choose one of the three:
2.1. Cryptography and Security;
2.2. Distributed Systems;
2.3. Artificial Intelligence.
4) What programming languages and tools are you most familiar with, and how do you assess your level of mastery in these programming languages and tools?
5) What is/are the most complex programming, engineering or scientific task(s) or project(s) that you have completed? If the output of these task(s)/project(s) is available as open‐source software (or it can be made open‐source), please provide
the link(s) to the public code repository.
6) How do you assess your skills and capability in the fields of algorithms and mathematics in general? In addition ‐ especially considered for specialization 2.1: would you be interested in and do you have experience in analysing the efficiency and correctness of different algorithms, constructing new algorithms, implementing non‐trivial algorithms?
7) In which field would you like to write your Master's thesis? Explain your choice.
8) How do you plan to implement the skills to be gained from the programme in your future career?
- fit between the student's background and goals, and the study programme (75 %)
- clarity, logical structure, writing skills and fluency in written English (25 %)
The maximum score for motivation letter is 100 points and the result is positive only if the applicant gains 51 points or more.